Partners and Sponsors
GALA Partnership, established in 2015
- Session partners for GALA 2016; content partner for GALA 2017
- 4 webinars through GALA webinar channel to date
- Most Recent Webinar “Using GEO Alignment for Enterprise Globalization Planning”
LocWorld Partnership, established in 2017
- LocWorld Barcelona Booth and Non-Profit Session Leader
- LocWorld Silicon Valley Booth, Flyer, Banner, T-shirt, W.L. Japan Chapter Session
- LocWorld Tokyo Book, Flyer, Banner, Japan Chapter session
- LocWorld Warsaw Booth, Banner, T-shirt
Women in Localization (W.L.) and Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) Partnership
Women in Localization is pleased to form a partnership with The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA), the world's leading trade association for the language industry. As a non-profit membership organization, GALA supports their member companies and the language sector by creating communities, championing standards, sharing knowledge, and advancing technology.
The partnership was formed in 2015 with 2 key initiatives launching activities to support both organizations.
The first initiative was a series of webinars that have been produced by W.L. members and delivered through the GALA webinar channels.. The following are a list of the webinars. Click the links to view:
- Envisioning the Perfect Enterprise Globalization Team – From Strategy to ROI (October 2015)
- Extending your Localization Team with LSP Resources (October 2015)
- What is the right formula for successful buyer-supplier partnerships? (February 2016)
The second initiative was W.L. involvement in the development of the client-side Localization Management track at GALA 2016 annual conference in New York City in April 2016. W.L. created 5 sessions focused on important buyer-side information for this track, moderated a panel for the track and emceed the entire Localization Management track at GALA 2016.
These W.L.-led session materials may be found in the following location:
The GALA / W.L. partnership is the prelude to working collaboratively and uncovering the synergies with our industry organizations. W.L. plans to expand their partnership with other industry organizations such as Common Sense Advisory (CSA) and LocWorld.
For further information on W.L. partnership activities, please contact Lynda Roslund (firstname.lastname@example.org).