GoPro Localization Manager – Web and Software
Capture. Create. Share.
This is your life. Be a HERO.
GoPro is searching for an experienced localization professional to become the Localization Manager based out of our San Mateo office. The ideal candidate will make use of their previous experience to drive, plan and execute web initiatives and software app projects which span across multiple departments and disciplines ensuring the highest quality and most effective processes are implemented and followed. The Localization Manager will also establish best practices and processes to foster standardization and efficiency across the organization. This resource will also be responsible to manage our infrastructure and tools including the globalization management system (GMS) in order to maintain a seamless localization operation allowing for continuous development in our web site and software apps. The Localization Manager will be responsible to drive results at the execution level while also exercising strategic thought and approach to problem solving.
What You Will Do
- Provide in depth knowledge of web and software app localization processes to drive and execute cross functional initiatives
- Roll out and enforce localization best practices which take into account regional requirements and overall alignment with web content created at headquarters while ensuring both consistency and customization to address regional needs.
- Establish and manage LQA validation approach both for web properties and software apps including defect criteria and severity as well as overall testing methodology
- Manage vendor performance through established KPIs and consistent QBRs with specific agenda and follow up action items. Ensure action items are addressed and improvements are measured.
- Manage and maintain current selected Globalization Management System (GMS) solution, create training documentation and train in-country reviewers
- Ensure web and software apps adhere to glossaries and style guides, drive consistency across all web properties and apps in the full context of GoPro ecosystem (including firmware and marketing)
- Develop KPI’s in partnership with our vendors to help validate, calibrate and continuously improve web localization and software apps practices
- Manage web and app localization budget keeping track of run rate and overall quarterly and yearly spend.
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Minimum five years of experience in software and web localization program management positions
- Extensive knowledge of internationalization and localization approaches, tools and processes across multiple content types including mobile, web and other mediums such as marketing/print collateral; technical documentation; customer support, etc.
- Hands-on experience with localization tools and platforms such as Trados, TMS, WorldServer and Smartling
- Familiarity with HTML, IDML, MIF, XML, XLIFF, TMX, TBX, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize and drive project execution and deliver results in a distributed and fast pace environment
- Strong ability to effectively manage and bring consensus balancing complex decisions and conflicting points of view.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across culturally diverse and globally distributed teams.
- Exceptional time management skills and great attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Fluency in at least two of the following languages preferred but any combination welcome (Arabic, German, French, Finnish, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Chinese)
- BA/BS degree in related field required; MA/MS is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Time during work hours to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks galore
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.