Q3 Chair Update
Fall is spectacular in Colorado, and I love this season of reflection and transition. Spending time in nature the past few weeks has provided me time to reflect on Women in Localization. Over the past quarter, our Board has experienced a marriage proposal, strategic job and career changes, a Board member resignation, ongoing illness, a new home purchase, and jury duty.
Knowing that each of our members experience similar situations, somehow we persist with our W.L. mission. We persist through various transitions, continuing to make a difference when and where we can. Perhaps we should change our name to Warriors in Localization!
Q3 was another productive, busy quarter, and I’m delighted to summarize the highlights:
- Our new brand roll-out is underway! We began with a new logo and standardized presentation to be used at each Chapter event. We’re grateful for the positive initial feedback! We’ll be extending the roll-out to our marketing collateral, web site (womeninlocalization.com), and social channels throughout October, so be on the look-out!
- Our Technology strategy saw tremendous progress, and we have officially adopted EventBrite and MailChimp as our marketing communications stack. We now have all W.L. members captured in the system, and user acceptance testing will begin soon.
- We have been working diligently on Partnership activities and events. Brand2Global and LocWorld generously extended Women in Localization six complimentary conference passes, and we’re thrilled that some of our members will benefit from these. Information Development World and The Lawless Team also extended W.L. space and discounts at upcoming events. If you’ll be attending any of these, please visit Women in Localization, or attend one of our sessions. Many thanks to our partners!
- We have selected a legal firm, The Montero Group, to represent Women in Localization as we further pursue Non-profit status. We are currently completing documentation to secure our name with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, with the entire process expected to take another nine or so months. THIS IS HUGE, and will establish a legal foundation for accepting donations and sponsorships!
- The Global Chapter Expansion Committee continues to shine with the launch of our first Latin America Chapter in Argentina! This brings our total to 12 Chapters worldwide, and I continue to be in complete AWE of the social media and events happening around the globe.
I mentioned transitions, and 2018 is right around the corner. We’ll be recruiting a few new Board Members and Executive Committee leadership/members, along with a Talent Director and Technology “Warrior”. Is it time for you to get more involved?
Until then, thank you for the privilege to lead this enthusiastic, amazing organization!