Women in Localization is recruiting for several exciting volunteering positions! Join our team.
If you would like to apply for any of the opportunities listed below, please contact email@example.com and include your contact information, position you would like to be considered, and your cv or LinkedIn profile link.
Title: Geo-Manager (EMEA and APAC)
Number of openings: 2
Location: EMEA and APAC
Description: Collaborate with the rest of the committee (Executive Director and other Geo-Manager) on setting up a strategy for this committee and then help with implementation in your own geography. Participate in bi-weekly calls, answer emails in a timely way, provide information and data regarding your region as needed. Reach out to the region’s members and volunteers when in need of data and information. Be proactive with trying to understand members’ needs and wants in your region and pass this information on to the rest of the committee. You will be the voice of your region’s members and you will represent them on the committee.
Background information: The Membership Committee is very new and is just starting out. These openings will require volunteers with a very strategic mindset, excellent communication skills, who do not shy from significant responsibilities and a great deal of commitment. We will have to work on the foundations of our membership strategy, the tools necessary, and later, the implementation strategy. While we need results-oriented volunteers, we will also need someone who is patient and will not rush into decisions, but is willing to hold on to immediate results for building a strong foundation and strategy.
It will be challenging, but incredibly fun and rewarding!
Title: WordPress Marketing Website Coordinator
Number of openings: 2
W.L. is looking for two Rockstar Website Coordinators. Our content is very important to us. It’s where we bring all of our chapters and members together through sharing blogs, press releases, and sharing chapter and industry events. Both positions will update front-end content to our website (www.womeninlocaliztion.com), with one position focusing on worldwide chapter activity and the other on US-based activity, and back each other up as needed. The Coordinators will be integral members of the Marketing Committee. Keeping the flow of communication fluid to our team and our 4500 members around the world. Familiarity with WordPress a plus. Typically averages 2-4 hours/week of activity.
Title: Wordpress Manager + Marketing Liaison
Number of openings: 2
- Own our web platform WordPress (infrastructure, not content)
- Build membership sign-on page and process for membership sign-up.
- Create an area with gated content accessible only to members.
- Serve as a liaison with the Marketing team regarding website infrastructure
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of website infrastructure, ability to coordinate technology with marketing strategy
The Technology Committee of Women in Localization is looking for volunteers who are interested in the technical aspects of managing a big global volunteer organization, are enthusiastic about women issues and contributing to localization industry, and would love to become a part of a big family of women across the world.
This is a volunteer position for a minimum 1 year commitment for approx. 10 hrs/month. Overall duties of technology committee members:
- Assist with development of a technology strategy for WL online platforms
- Review current technology, operations and risks
- Identify Technology opportunities
- Oversee operational technology risks
- Support the US-based and international chapters from technology point of view
- Maintain policies and procedures of WL technology strategy
- Expertise in technology and desire to learn more
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in creating processes and procedures
- Experience in database management and/or web development (desired)
- Some experience in evaluating technology opportunities
- Some experience in the implementation and support of virtual platforms
- Knowledgeable in technology and desire to learn more
- Desire to grow, work with women across the globe and be exposed to new situations and mentorship opportunities
- Preferred background: Software localization engineering and/or computer science; database administration and/or security networks; web development
Committee: Global Expansion
Title: Assistant to Executive Director
Number of openings: 1
- Prepares presentations for the Executive Director/GEO Managers – eg. Collating results from chapter engagement surveys, technology implementation/compliance rates & feedback, and preparing relevant presentations for the board with summary.
- Support GEO Managers (eg. recording and contacting people interested in setting up a new chapter, attend regional calls and take minutes, support certain chapters who are new/require more close interaction, etc.)
- Google Drive Inventory: clean up, folder reorganization
- Minute taker for certain meetings.
- Other tasks, as required by the Exec Director and/or the Committee.
- Liaison between Marketing (social media) and Chapters; Connect with Marketing to create content to advertise chapters and the work of the committee.