- This event has passed.
W.L. UK Event – Machine Translation: Powered by Women
October 10, 2019 @ 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
About this Event
Machine Translation (MT) usage is rapidly growing, with technologies introducing new ways of working providing new tools and challenges for modern linguists. Discover how women from academia, translation, software companies and other fields power machine translation.
Women in Localization UK is hosting its second MT-focused event, its first-ever event in the North. This event will bring some of the best female MT talent from the North into Manchester, a city thriving through technological innovation. Our speakers will take over the iconic Manchester Chamber of Commerce to share their knowledge and their experiences with the attendees.
Speaking of attendees… Did you know men can (and do) attend our events? Women in Localization welcomes everyone who supports our mission: To Foster A Global Community for the Advancement of Women and the Localization Industry. So don’t miss it!
Panelists and moderator
* Kasia Kosmaczewska (MT Program manager – TranslateMedia)
* Chryssa Zerva (Computer Sciences – University of Manchester)
* Cassie Hillerby (Product Operations Specialist – Booking.com)
* Lena Marg (Lead MT Program Manager – Welocalize)
* Moderator: Kate Santo (Content & Localisation manager – BookingGo)
* 6.30pm: Registration and networking with drinks and nibbles
* 7:10pm to 7:15pm: A welcome from our event organizer (Margarita García)
* 7:15pm to 7:30pm: Introduction to Women in Localization (Inger Larsen)
* 7:30pm to 8:45pm: Talks from our panelists, panel discussion and Q&A
* 8.45pm to 9.30pm: More networking, more drinks and more nibbles!
Registration: There is no charge for attending this event, however, registration is essential, so that we can accommodate in terms of space and refreshments. Photo ID will be required to access the building.
Cancellation: You can only cancel a free order for an upcoming event. Also the option to cancel will only appear on a desktop computer, not on a mobile device.
Cancelling from your Ticket Order email:
- In the Ticket Order email from Eventbrite, click on “View and manage” in the Order Summary section.
- On the following order details page, click on “Cancel Order”, and then confirm.
Cancelling from your Eventbrite account:
- After logging in your Eventbrite account, locate your order on the Tickets page and click to see your registration details.
- On the order details page, select “Cancel Order” to get started.
Disclaimer: Please note that this event will have photography, and may be live-streamed and recorded. By registering for this event, you accept that your image may be included in W.L. UK media.
Women in Localization UK look forward to welcoming you to this event!
Thank you to Welocalize and Capita TI for kindly sponsoring our W.L.UK event
Welocalize helps you transform your content and data so that you can rapidly reach, grow, and engage with global audiences.
Capita Translation and Interpreting (Capita TI) provide translation and interpreting services to the commercial and public sector. We make it easy to communicate with customers, employees, and shareholders in other languages.