This policy is effective as of August 6, 2018.
Welcome to Women in Localization!
We encourage everyone to use the Women in Localization (W.L.) website and online community to share expertise, seek the advice of peers, and participate in ongoing conversations. By participating on the website and social platforms that are managed by W.L., including our association community and our public platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Flickr, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Approved by W.L.
- Be friendly and join in discussions through comments, reviews, forums, and groups. Respect the intellectual property of others.
- Use your real name and a profile picture of your likeness (not your company’s logo). Likewise, post your real profile bio, not your company’s marketing verbiage.
- Use caution when discussing products and services. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Please note that Women in Localization and other participants have the right to reproduce postings from publicly available content (such as blogs and open groups).
- Please attribute authorship when republishing postings, and if you are unsure whether it is ok to republish, please ask the author for permission before republishing. Please be sure to give credit to the original author.
Not approved by W.L.
- Do not upload content that you do not own or do not have permission to use.
- Do not upload illegal materials or materials that encourage illegal behavior.
- Do not post offensive or obscene material.
- Do not unlawfully use the site. Women in Localization reserves the right to share illegal activity with the proper authorities.
- Do not attack others. The discussions on our website are meant to be interesting. It is okay to disagree, but do so in a respectful manner. Harassment, impersonation, profanity, abusive language, and/or intimidation will not be tolerated.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Remember that once something is on the Internet, it is nearly impossible to remove completely.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- MEMBERSHIP AND ELIGIBILITY
Our site is only for Users who are at least 18 years old. W.L. is not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 18. We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents, guardians and other responsible members of the community to take an active role in monitoring children’s online activities and interests. Any community member who knows of any user violating this restriction should report this to us immediately. In this unlikely event, while respecting the privacy of any children involved, we would pass full details on to relevant authorities to deal with as required. If you submit this information to us by mistake, contact us with the details and we will remove the information.
W.L. may terminate your access and membership, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by contacting W.L. via email at [email protected]
All content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such content. W.L. cannot guarantee the authenticity of any content or information that Users may provide about themselves or the organizations that they represent. You acknowledge that your access and use of any content is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible and liable for any damage or loss to you or any other party that may result. For the purposes of this DOCUMENT, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, articles, videos, blogs, profiles, comments, reviews, information, data, or text generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible by W.L. on or through the Services. Content provided, added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted by Users, including content that may be added to the services in connection with Users linking their accounts to third party websites and services, is collectively referred to as “User Submissions.” We expect the users to comment on the blogs appropriately.
- WOMEN IN LOCALIZATION CONTENT
The Services (such as jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, read articles, get industry info, join a chapter, post on social media, get a mentor) contain content specifically provided by W.L. and such content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws, as applicable. Users shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
- USER SUBMISSIONS
W.L. may use your User Submissions in a number of different ways in connection with the Site and Services as Women in Localization may determine in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into marketing materials, advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing other users to do the same in connection with their own websites, media platforms, and applications (“Third Party Media”). By providing User Submissions through the Services, you grant Women in Localization a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, copy, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, performs.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to W.L. without infringement or violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Sites is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated; that W.L. will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content; and that W.L. cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact during using the Services.
When you delete your User Submissions, they will be removed from the Services. However, you understand that any removed User Submissions may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but following removal will not be shared with others) or may remain with Users who have previously accessed or downloaded your User Submissions.
- RULES AND CONDUCT
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by this DOCUMENT. You are responsible for all activity in connection with your account. Additionally, you shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and, if you represent a business, any advertising, marketing, privacy, or other self-regulatory code(s) applicable to your industry. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Services that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful and/or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by W.L. in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
- involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without W.L.’s prior written consent.
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of W.L. or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of W.L.;
- includes anyone’s personally-identifiable information; or
You shall not (directly or indirectly):
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by W.L. in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on W.L.’s (or its third-party providers’) infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services;
- bypass any measures W.L. may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services);
- run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Sites;
- harvest or scrape any Content from the Services;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Services or Sites Content (other than your own User Submissions), unless expressly authorized by W.L.. Proper attribution is required as well;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
- otherwise take any action in violation of W.L.’s guidelines and policies.
W.L. will monitor the Content which is proprietary to W.L.. However, W.L. reserves the right to (i) remove, suspend, edit or modify any Content in its sole discretion, including without limitation any User Submissions at any time, without notice to the User and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if W.L. is concerned that the User may have violated this DOCUMENT), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove, suspend or block any User Submissions from the Services. W.L. also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as W.L. reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce this DOCUMENT, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of W.L., its users and the public. W.L. does not guarantee that Content or User Submissions will remain available on the Sites or through the Services, and you may not rely on the continued availability of any of the Sites’ content.
WOMEN IN LOCALIZATION makes no warranties or representations whether express, implied by law or otherwise, with respect to the Services provided hereunder, and specifically disclaims all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, WOMEN IN LOCALIZATION MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, AS BETWEEN WOMEN IN LOCALIZATION AND USER, ANY AND ALL THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS ARE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED “AS IS.” WOMEN IN LOCALIZATION does not warrant that any serviceS PROVIDED TO THE USER will operate without interruption or be error free.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless W.L. its affiliates and each of its affiliates’ employees, contractors, volunteers, directors, suppliers and representatives from all losses, costs, actions, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs) and/or liabilities, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Sites, Services, Content or otherwise from your User Submissions, violations of this DOCUMENT, and/or your infringement of any United States or International patent, trademark and/or copyright, or any third-party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. W.L. reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with W.L. in asserting any available defenses.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
All liability of W.L., its officers, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, partners, suppliers or content providers howsoever arising for any loss suffered as a result of your use of the Sites or the Services is expressly excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that liability of W.L., its directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, suppliers or content providers (as applicable) has arisen, the total of such liability shall be limited in aggregate to one hundred US dollars ($100).
Even if you were advised of the possibility of such occurrence of such damages, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall W.L., its officers, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, partners, suppliers or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal or equitable theory or otherwise (and whether or not W.L. its officers, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, partners, suppliers or content providers had prior knowledge of the circumstances giving rise to such loss or damage) with respect to the Sites or the Services for:
- Indirect or consequential losses or damages;
- Loss of actual or anticipated profits;
- Loss of revenue;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Wasted expenditure; or
- Cost of procurement of substitute goods or services.
Nothing in this DOCUMENT shall be deemed to exclude or limit your liability in respect of any indemnity given by you under this DOCUMENT. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In such cases, W.L.’s liability will be limited to the extent permitted by applicable law. You agree that you must bring any cause of action arising out of or related to the Services within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Women in Localization reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of this DOCUMENT, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time. W.L. may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of any changes to this DOCUMENT constitutes acceptance of those changes.
This DOCUMENT is personal to each User, and the rights granted under this DOCUMENT are not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by a User except with W.L.’s prior written consent. W.L. may assign, transfer or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of this DOCUMENT and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
Unless otherwise specified in this DOCUMENT, all notices under this DOCUMENT will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.
All provisions of this DOCUMENT, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You may contact Women in Localization @[email protected]