This policy is effective as of August 1, 2018.
1. WHO WE ARE:
2. WHO THE USERS ARE:
3. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT:
Information that you provide or we collect from you
Typically, when you browse the site without revealing your personal identity, we do not collect any information. Once you give your personally identifiable information via registering as a member or attending an event you are no longer anonymous to us and you agree to allow us and consent to transfer and store that information on our servers hosted by third party service providers located in United States.
The attributes in the personally identifiable information and data that we collect and store mostly include the following, but this may change in the future, as needed:
- Your name, user or display name, password and job title.
- Your email address, phone number(s), company name, and location.
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information from your visit and interaction with the Sites, the Services, and the content of the Sites and Services, including statistics on what search terms you use, which pages you view, which stories you read, which choices you make while using the Services, and traffic to and from the site. We reserve the right to gather this information.
- Your correspondence through the site, comments you may make and correspondence you send to us.
- We may also collect a variety of non-personally-identifiable information that is not ample enough to identify you or locate you, such as your age, your gender and your general interests.
Information that we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as:
- Social Media Services: If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, and use that data for purposes such as improving the overall interaction.
- Information from Other Third-Party Sources: In order to provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law.
4. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT:
Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data
Our primary purpose in collecting personally identifiable information and data is to provide Users with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. For instance, we may use your personally identifiable information to:
- Operate, improve, and promote Women in Localization
- Communicate with you about our upcoming events locally and globally across chapters
- Personalize content
- Provide the services and user or customer support that you request
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Customize, measure, improve, and expand the services
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
- Comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement activities
Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Data
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information allows W.L. to run analytics and monitor, measure, analyze, improve, and troubleshoot the Services. We may choose to share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for industry and content analysis, your feedback, demographic profiling, geographical location, and other similar purposes. All information shared with third parties will be limited to aggregated statistical data and will not be data about any specific identifiable individual.
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE HAVE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
Under the GDPR and other relevant laws, we may process your Personal Information and Data based on your express consent to do so and/or in situations based upon our legitimate business interests.
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION:
Our website is hosted using GoDaddy and web user information is stored on a web-hosting environment or on other environments maintained by our service providers. We are not directly involved in maintaining data security or privacy, but instead hire professional service providers to ensure that all your data is protected with tools such as encryption and passwords and also to ensure GDPR compliance. We require that our service providers use up to date and secure technology to ensure the privacy, safety and security of your data.
Since our service providers host the information, we cannot absolutely guarantee that third parties will not unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or information from the site. However, the service providers are extremely diligent about when they are providing such services around hosting the data. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we make every effort to ensure your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
7. WHEN WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA:
We may disclose personally identifiable information and data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Information about you will be transferred to, and processed in the U.S. and countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may
Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may share your personally identifiable information with:
- Other third parties to whom you specifically ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise specifically notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
We respect your privacy. We will not otherwise disclose your personally identifiable information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
8. HOW DO WE TRACK DATA:
We may use industry-standard technologies, such as cookies, to track your use of our Sites and Services. A “cookie” is small set of data files, which is downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website, that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device. Cookies serve a variety of functions, like enabling us to remember certain information you provide to us as you navigate between pages on the Platform. They are used for Authentication, Security, Analytics and other services.
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers hosted by our service providers. We regularly train our chapters regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized members to access information on a need to know basis, as required for their role. Our service provider has firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
10. WHAT ABOUT LINKS YOU MIGHT ENCOUNTER WHILE USING THE SERVICES:
11. AGE RESTRICTION AROUND USE OF THESE SERVICE:
Our site is only for Users who are at least 18 years old. W.L. is not intended for and may not be used by children under the age of 18. We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents, guardians and other responsible members of the community to take an active role in monitoring children’s online activities and interests. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. Any community member who knows of any user violating this restriction should report this to us immediately. In this unlikely event, while respecting the privacy of any children involved, we would pass full details on to relevant authorities to deal with as required. If you submit this information to us by mistake, contact us with the details and we will remove the information.
12. WHAT OTHER TERMS APPLY TO USE OF THE SERVICES? WILL THESE TERMS CHANGE:
13. HOW TO GET YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND DATA REMOVED FROM OUR ORGANIZATION:
If you wish to remove your personally identifiable information and data from Women in Localization, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
14. DATA RIGHTS OF USERS:
- Withdrawing consent at any time: You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Information and Data. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Object to processing of their Data: You can object to the processing of your information or ask us to restrict processing of your information, or request the portability of your information.
- Access their Data: You have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: You have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected. You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including request to Women in Localization to delete, correct, update, amend or provides you access to your information.
- Restrict the processing of their Data: You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Data. In this case, we will not process your Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Deletion of Personal Data: You can request that your Personal Data be deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Data.
- We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to: [email protected]
- Opting out of Communication: You have the right to opt out from receiving any sort of email communications sent to you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the emails sent to you. You may also want to update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
15. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA:
We will maintain your data for no longer reasonably necessary in accordance with the local laws of the applicable jurisdictions in which we operate.
16. CONTACT US:
This Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review the privacy notice regularly for any changes.