- This event has passed.
WLUK Event – Growth, Grit, and Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
December 3, 2019 @ 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
About this Event
Ever had the feeling, even when you’ve worked and studied hard to be where you are today, that it hasn’t been fully earned?
Then, just like many of us, you are suffering from the so-called imposter syndrome. This upcoming W.L.UK event will explore how to overcome this ever-present syndrome., be more confident about your successes and not to question whether they were truly deserved.
We have a fantastic speaker lined up, María Jesús De Arriba Díaz, GALA Program Committee member, GEO Manager for Women in Localization EMEIA and Strategic Accounts Director for Vistatec, who is wearing many hats indeed!
With the holiday season approaching, getting into the festive spirit will be a breeze with lots of fun activities, including a “Raffle for a cause”: those of you who want to take part can bring something that is “what every woman needs for Christmas” provided it has been bought from a charity shop, so we also go good as well as be merry!
Last but not least, the WL Photobooth: we will bring some props that you can use to take your own selfies and remember this day.
* 18:00 to 18:30: Registration and networking with drinks and nibbles
* 18:30 to 18:45: Presentation on the past and future of Women in Localization (Inger Larsen & María Jesús De Arriba Díaz)
* 18:45 to 19:45: Talk: Growth, Grit, and Overcoming Imposter Syndrome (María Jesús De Arriba Díaz)
* 19:45 to 21:00: More networking and nibbles!
*21:00 to 21:30: Raffle time!
Registration: There is no charge for attending this event, however, registration is essential, so that we can accommodate everybody in terms of space and refreshments. Photo ID will be required to access the building.
Cancellation: You can only cancel a free order for an upcoming event. Also the option to cancel will only appear on a desktop computer, not on a mobile device.
Cancelling from your Ticket Order email:
- In the Ticket Order email from Eventbrite, click on “View and manage” in the Order Summary section.
- On the following order details page, click on “Cancel Order”, and then confirm.
Cancelling from your Eventbrite account:
- After logging in your Eventbrite account, locate your order on the Tickets page and click to see your registration details.
- On the order details page, select “Cancel Order” to get started.
Disclaimer: Please note that this event will have photography. By registering for this event, you accept that your image may be included in W.L.UK media.
Your Women in Localization UK Managers look forward to welcoming you to this event!