Start a Chapter
Don't have a chapter near you? Open one.
How to start a new Women in Localization Chapter instructions
We’re so happy you’re interested in opening a W.L. chapter in your area. We’re looking for qualified women in the localization field who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in their community.
In order to be considered you will need to meet these requirements first:
- Check our current Chapter list to make sure there’s not already a Chapter in your area.
- Bring together 4-5 professional women who are leaders in the localization industry.
- Each leader must have 5+ years of professional experience to be included on the leadership team.The leadership team must include women professionals on both the vendor and the client side and no more than 1 person per company. Localization Consultants and Education professionals can also be included if they have experience in the industry.
- The leadership team must include women professionals on both the vendor and the client side and no more than 1 person per company. Localization Consultants and Education professionals can also be included if they have experience in the industry.
- Create a list of 15+ additional members in your area that includes professional women working in the localization field.
- Create a list of ideas for events. Each Chapter should have 4 events each year (1 per quarter). Our advice is to start small, with a local networking event. The second event should be a professional event with a speaker or a panel. Think about venues and sponsors for the events.
- Contact the Director of Global Growth. Inform her about your interest in establishing a W.L. chapter in your city or country. She can be reached via email: email@example.com
- Schedule a call with the Director of Global Growth to discuss the W.L. history and mission statement, the main requirements for opening a chapter, advice on how best to proceed, and your questions.
- The Director of Global Growth will evaluate the qualifications of the leadership team proposed along with the progress made and will make the decision on Chapter readiness.
- Next steps will be outlined by the Director of Global Growth if the new Chapter leadership is approved to move forward.
Thank you for your interest in starting a new W.L. Chapter!