Purpose: Pair experienced localization professionals with those seeking career guidance in our industry.
Aim: Empower women at every stage of their careers by building meaningful connections and exchanging knowledge.
Goal: Mentors share insights, experiences and best practices gained during their careers with their mentee(s) to provide guidance and career advancement.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
All participants (Mentors and Mentees) will complete a brief survey to assess their specific needs and requirements.:
- The compatibility of their respective profiles
- Motivations for joining the program
- Schedule availability
- Preference to meet either face-to-face or via web/phone
- Mentors will ideally have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the localization industry, and have attended/been involved with past W.L. events.
- Mentors will provide guidance and advice to Mentees seeking knowledge about the localization industry, career opportunities, and their development.
- Students or professionals seeking guidance are welcome to register. Mentees may be those who are new to the industry, interested in joining the localization industry or seeking to grow or change their career within the industry.
- Mentees are expected to be respectful of their Mentor’s time and network.
- Due to limited resources and availability, Mentor assignments may take some time to arrange and are not guaranteed.
Participation in the program is voluntary and can be terminated at any time.
The Mentorship committee will periodically reach out to participants to check on each pair.